The Engineer’s role is to ensure that industry best practices and methodologies are applied to a network involving security, compliance, data, video, unified communications and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing, Deerwood’s solutions across our client’s enterprise infrastructures. In addition, the Engineer will oversee the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and make recommendations to the resolution of network and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide training to junior team members where required. The ideal candidate will work in harmony with our compliance officer, VP of business development and CEO in the creation of new solution offerings.
Qualified candidates will have 3 to 5 years of hands-on Network Security and Server experience with a strong ‘Route/Switch’ background. Qualified applicants will need to specialize in security and networking technologies (HIPAA, PCI, Sarbanes a plus), but would also need to learn other Advanced Technologies across the Deerwood solution offerings.
- Deployment of new technologies on customer premises
- Rapid integration into customer staff, culture, and processes (The Deerwood Way)
- Assistance with project scoping and project design
- Become a trusted advisor to customers and internal DT staff
- Ability to give knowledge transfer and training to DT customers and internal staff
Cisco CCNP/ CCIE and or Comptia Security Certifications are preferred. Excellent oral and written communication, customer service, and presentation skills required. The position would require limited travel and would primarily be focused in the service delivery, or post-sales area. The candidate however, should feel comfortable supporting the Deerwood sales team efforts with scoping, technical presentations and meeting with customers.
Working technical knowledge of network and Security control protocols (QoS, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (802.1x, Radius, SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec).
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, MPLS, TDM Etc).
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio is required
- Able to conduct research into network/server/security issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in an end user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with great attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative, high energy environment.