The Network Security Engineer’s role is to ensure that industry best practices and methodologies are applied to a business network involving security, performance, compliance, data, video, unified communications and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing secure, resilient network solutions across our clients’ locations and infrastructures.
In addition, this role will oversee the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network, software, cloud/on-premise endpoints and communication links. This individual will also analyze and make recommendations to the resolution of network and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide training/mentoring to junior team members where required.
The ideal candidate will work in effectively with our Chief Information Security Officer, Service Delivery Manager, business development and CEO in the creation of new solution offerings.
- Deployment of technology solutions on customer premises and in hybrid/public cloud environments
- Rapid integration into client staff, culture, and processes
- Project scoping and project design
- Become a trusted advisor to clients and internal staff
- Ability to facilitate knowledge transfer and training to clients and internal staff
Qualified candidates will have 5 to 7+ years’ hands-on Network Security and Server experience with a strong ‘Route/Switch’ background. Qualified applicants with specializations in Cybersecurity (NIST, CMMC) frameworks and compliance standards (HIPAA, PCI, CJIS, SOX) are a plus.
Advanced Cybersecurity and networking vendor/industry Certifications are preferred. Excellent oral and written communication, client service, and interpersonal/collaboration skills are required. The position may require limited travel and would primarily be focused in the service/solution delivery, or post-sales area. The candidate however, should feel comfortable supporting the Deerwood sales team efforts with scoping, technical presentations and meeting with clients and prospects.
- Deep understanding of WAN/LAN and transport technologies
- Working technical knowledge of network and Security control protocols
- Able to conduct research into security/network/server issues and products as required
- Ability to present ideas and concepts in client/business-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with great attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong client service orientation
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a multi-client, fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative, high energy environment