Contributing to the success of Deerwood Technologies, is our ability to attract and retain employees. We provide outstanding opportunities for employees to develop and build a career in a challenging and rewarding environment.
We are always looking for qualified and talented technical sales resources. Please feel free to submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technician in Training – Technical Career Opportunity
Deerwood Technologies – a full-service national technology company; is seeking a competent, resourceful, highly-motivated and reliable Systems Engineer in Training. Our company’s growth in health care and public sector is again expanding our Technical Services delivery staff. If you have training, aptitude and drive to success, we’ll help you build solid technical capabilities to advance your career.
A Technician in Training will be responsible for providing support to the end-user community with regard to software, hardware and network-related problems. They will provide resolutions for end-users and internal customers. This is to include but not limited to desktop, laptop, printers and other peripherals. Conversations with users to determine problem and classify level of support needed, will be essential. They will open, track and close service tickets to ensure problem resolution and promote end-user satisfaction. The qualified candidate will need a wide range of skills and knowledge in computer hardware and software as well as networking systems used in a healthcare and managed services environment.
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outgoing, ambitious, eager and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong ability to learn quickly, self-starter and researcher
- In depth understanding of desktops, laptops, printers and other peripherals
- Working toward a four-year college degree in computer science, information systems or a related field, or equivalent work experience required
- Ability to adapt and provide steady and consistent delivery in an evolving dynamic information systems arena
- Must have high attention to detail and strong customer service skills
- Document customer issues and problems with their technology
- Troubleshoot, analyze and solve customer issues and problems via telephone, email or web
- Report and update service tickets in a timely, clear and concise manner
- Configure customers’ technology equipment and systems
- Must be able to manage multiple work items at one time with a high sense of urgency
- Document procedures, processes and best practices
- Cross-train, collaborate and communicate effectively with co-workers and customers
Sales / Marketing Associate
Deerwood Technologies is a growing IT Solutions Provider looking for a Sales/Marketing Associate. This position will work closely with Sales Management to develop and execute marketing/lead generation campaigns while providing inside sales support for the sales team.
- Assist in the development of lead generation campaigns.
- Develop and locate content for lead generation messaging and offers.
- Coordinate development of and logistics for sales/marketing events.
- Coordinate and drive execution of lead generation campaigns.
- Track and analyze campaigns to provide information to sales on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the sales in preparing customer presentations to communicate a compelling selling story.
- Provide inside support for sales team by preparing and processing proposals or other customer service activities.
- Coordinate new creative design for sales/marketing collateral – print, radio, social and billboard media
- Improve process for managing sales and marketing assets.
- Drive development, production and distribution of bi-monthly newsletter via Constant Contact
- Maintain company social media sites – FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Coordinate maintenance and evolution of company websites
Desired Skills & Experience
We are looking for a talented and hardworking individual who is looking to advance his/her career with a growing IT Services company. Our ideal employee will be a self-starter with strong organizational and leadership qualities.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field is preferred
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid project management and organization skills
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in relevant field, more preferred
- Proficient in office productivity, some graphic design and able to become proficient in new programs/systems quickly
- Experience in using a company page in FaceBook, Twitter and LinkedIn and Constant Contact
- Analytical thinker, results-oriented, ability to take direction and run with it
- Works effectively with people across the organization and with both customers and vendors
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Adeptly balances several projects simultaneously and can adapt to meet changing priorities as necessary
- Knowledge of IT Solutions / Unified Communications and related services and products
The Service Manager is responsible for attaining maximum utilization of internal and field technical resources through daily dispatch of service requests and delivering technology projects for customers by managing cost, time, and scope constraints.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Act as the single point of contact to the customer for all types of service requests
- Coordination of all IT support groups to ensure maximum utilization of billable resources
- Pre-process service requests as they arrive through email, manual entry, or direct customer input through customer portal
- Schedule internal and field technical resources on the ConnectWise dispatch portal
- Monitor resource schedules to ensure prompt time entry on service requests
- Communication with customers as required: scheduling, keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Understand and ensure the project objectives and requirements are clear and agreed upon by all team members
- Creating and maintain project plans, communicate progress and status
- Organize and manage all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion with budgetary requirements
- Ensure that risks are identified, communicated, and mitigated and that projects are delivered successfully through to production
- Prepare down payment agreements and project invoices as required
- Support account management and Quarterly Business Review processes
- Develop and maintain process and project documentation
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Improve usage and increase productivity of IT support resources
- Escalate service requests that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Enter all work as activities, service tickets, or project tickets into ConnectWise
- Communicate with customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years’ experience working in IT Service Delivery, preferably also in a Managed Services environment
- Expected to have Associates Degree or higher
- Strong communication (written and oral), organizational, presentation skills
- Strong Customer service skills: telephony skills, empathetic communication skills, active listening and customer-care orientation
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and experience in cross-functional project management methods and techniques
- Knowledge of IT applications, processes, software, services and equipment
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness: of an organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), CompTIA Project+ or equivalent
Inside Sales Representative
Deerwood Technologies, Inc., a rapidly growing national company specializing in remote infrastructure management,
managed services, enterprise security software and healthcare technology is seeking an experienced inside sales
representative to join our sales force. Deerwood Technologies helps companies optimize their IT spend by keeping
their business critical applications and IT infrastructure running 24X7 while freeing valuable staff from repetitive IT
functions and allowing them to focus on strategic information analysis and business intelligence activities. Deerwood
Technologies is a nationally trusted brand for managed services, healthcare technology, business intelligence,
enterprise security software and compliance.
Inside sales is responsible for working with our partner community to identify, develop and close managed services
engagements and enterprise software sales. In addition, the position involves cultivating and enabling managed
services and enterprise software clients to understand the value of leveraging Deerwood Technologies services. The
position is based in Deerwood Technologies’ new, state of the art, Central MN headquarters. It offers a
comprehensive incentive package with opportunities for future growth. The individuals we are seeking are
entrepreneurial and will hold themselves to the highest ethical standards, have a strong desire for personal growth
and professional success; they will be driven to enable self-growth and have no problem rolling up their sleeves to
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish new client relationships through prospecting, existing contacts and networking
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships within a diverse account base throughout the U.S.
- Leverage solution selling techniques to fully qualify leads and opportunities and manage the sales process
from beginning to end with help from sales leadership
- Quickly grasp client requirements and conduct needs analysis to determine the engagement model for
involving the necessary resources as well as conducting business according to the “Deerwood Way”
- Develop and submit proposals and quotes
- Build strong working relationships with our services team to ensure prospects have a clear understanding of
the Deerwood Technologies solution set and capabilities
- Manage all phases of the sales life cycle–from prospecting to closure; Use ConnectWise (CRM) system to
keep a complete and accurate log of prospects, opportunities, meetings, activities and contacts
- Meet quota and sales revenue targets created by sales management
- Report regularly with sales management on revenue forecast, prospecting activity, pipeline development,
opportunity progress, closed business, and lost business
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 3+ years experience selling IT managed services, healthcare technology and or software
- Expected to have Associates Degree or higher
- Motivated, disciplined and self-directed
- Strong follow-up skills
- Must be organized and disciplined with excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Must be capable of creating and delivering presentations
- Must have Computer skills including Word, Outlook, Excel, CRM and PowerPoint
- Ability to quickly understand complex software solutions
- Excellent prospecting techniques including cold calling, email, listening skills in order to understand what
prospective customers needs are and will be
- Ability to navigate organizations and communicate effectively with all levels of management to determine
key players and their roles
- Ability to handle objections and advance opportunities as quickly and effectively as possible
- Understanding of IT infrastructure including computer networks, servers and storage
Network Security Engineer:
The Engineer’s role is to ensure that industry best practices and methodologies are applied to a network involving security, compliance, data, video, unified communications and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing, Deerwood’s solutions across our client’s enterprise infrastructures. In addition, the Engineer will oversee the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and make recommendations to the resolution of network and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide training to junior team members where required. The ideal candidate will work in harmony with our compliance officer, VP of business development and CEO in the creation of new solution offerings.
Qualified candidates will have 3 to 5 years of hands-on Network Security and Server experience with a strong ‘Route/Switch’ background. Qualified applicants will need to specialize in security and networking technologies (HIPAA, PCI, Sarbanes a plus), but would also need to learn other Advanced Technologies across the Deerwood solution offerings.
- Deployment of new technologies on customer premises
- Rapid integration into customer staff, culture, and processes (The Deerwood Way)
- Assistance with project scoping and project design
- Become a trusted advisor to customers and internal DT staff
- Ability to give knowledge transfer and training to DT customers and internal staff
Cisco CCNP/ CCIE and or Comptia Security Certifications are preferred. Excellent oral and written communication, customer service, and presentation skills required. The position would require limited travel and would primarily be focused in the service delivery, or post-sales area. The candidate however, should feel comfortable supporting the Deerwood sales team efforts with scoping, technical presentations and meeting with customers.
Working technical knowledge of network and Security control protocols (QoS, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (802.1x, Radius, SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec).
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, MPLS, TDM Etc).
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Visio is required
- Able to conduct research into network/server/security issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in an end user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with great attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative, high energy environment.