Deerwood Technologies, Inc. – a rapidly growing national company specializing in Cybersecurity, infrastructure management, managed security services, digital transformation, and cloud-enabled technologies – is seeking an experienced Sales Development Representative to join our sales force.
Deerwood Technologies helps companies optimize their IT investments by keeping their business-critical applications and IT infrastructure secure and running 24X7 while freeing valuable staff from repetitive and complex IT / Cybersecurity responsibilities, allowing them to focus on strategic initiatives and business intelligence activities. Deerwood Technologies is a nationally trusted brand for managed security services, on-premise and cloud infrastructure, Cybersecurity services including prevention, detection, incident response, regulatory compliance and business continuation.
This sales role is responsible for working with our marketing partner to sales qualify marketing leads: by engaging prospective client company contacts (calling, email, social media), performing initial discovery, setting appointments for further identifying specific needs, budget and timeline. Also, accountable to identify, help develop and propose managed security services engagements, co-managed IT opportunities and related IT/Cybersecurity projects. In addition, the position involves cultivating and enabling existing clients to understand the value of leveraging the “full stack” of Deerwood Technologies’ managed security services.
The position is based in Deerwood Technologies’ Central MN headquarters; however, hybrid work arrangements may be accommodated for capable and talented staff. We offer a comprehensive incentive package with opportunities for future growth. The individuals we are seeking are entrepreneurial, will hold themselves to the highest ethical standards, and take accountability for their professional success; they will be driven to enable self-growth and have no problem rolling up their sleeves to achieve results.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish new client relationships through sales qualification, prospecting new, leveraging existing contacts and networking
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships within a diverse account base throughout the upper Midwest – and beyond
- Leverage solution selling techniques to fully qualify leads and opportunities and manage related sales process activities
- Quickly grasp client requirements and conduct discovery and needs analysis to determine the engagement model for involving the necessary resources as well as conducting business according to the “Deerwood Way”
- Learn and communicate value propositions to ensure prospects have a clear understanding of the Deerwood Technologies solution set and capabilities
- Manage and document relevant phases of the sales life cycle using ConnectWise (CRM) system to keep a complete and accurate log of prospects, opportunities, meetings, activities and contacts
- Meet quota and sales revenue targets created by sales management
- Report regularly with sales management on revenue forecast, prospecting activity, pipeline development, opportunity progress
Desired Experience and Skills
- 3+ years’ experience selling IT / Cybersecurity managed services, cloud and on-premise network/server infrastructure, software and/or related services
- Expected to have Associates Degree or higher
- Motivated, disciplined and self-directed
- Strong phone/written communication and tenacious follow-up skills
- Must be organized and disciplined with excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Must be capable of creating and delivering presentations
- Must be proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, CRM and PowerPoint
- Excellent prospecting techniques including cold calling, email, social media, and listening skills in order to understand what prospective clients’ needs are and will be
- Ability to navigate organizations and communicate effectively with all levels of management to determine key players and their roles
- Ability to handle objections and advance opportunities, quickly and effectively
- Understanding of IT infrastructure including Cybersecurity, computer networks, servers and cloud solutions